We Offer Silk Route Package Tour from Kolkata with Best Rate. For Booking ☎ CALL +91-98318-10505
Before we embark on the epic journey of Silk Route Package Tour, let's understand first what this Silk Route actually is. Silk Route, also known as the Silk Road, the wondrous Old Silk Route is located in east Sikkim of India and is considered to be an integral part of the ancient nexus of trade routes that connected India to China. This famous archaic route passes through Lhasa, Nathu-La, Jeep-La Pass and ultimately to the port of Tamluk, which is presently located in West Bengal. From there the route is through the sea until the land is reached. Discovered by traders in the early first century AD, the Ajker Silk Route has become popular as a tourist destination in recent times. Go through this Silk Route Package Tour Itinerary, see our Silk Route Package Tour Cost, you will like this. We, the NatureWings are the best Silk Route Travel Agent in Kolkata for Silk Route Package Tour from NJP.
Due to its high altitude (Gnathang, 13,200 ft), serenity and breathtaking Himalayan view, Silk Route is now very much popular among travelers especially from Kolkata during Summer Vacation and Puja Holidays. Silk Route, secretly located at East Sikkim is very less known to travelers but an absolute paradise to behold. Adorned with natural lakes, snow capped mountains, roads with hairpin curves, and unadulterated natural beauty, this is a perfect bliss to be in Silk Route.
Nowadays people are really tired up with tedious and stressful life due to recent Covid-19 pandemic and they really want to run off to have some fresh breath. Even those who love the absolute serenity and want to be with proximity of nature, for them a Silk Route Package Tour from Kolkata is a perfect option to be with self and spend some quality time with friends, families and love once. In recent years places in Sikkim like Gangtok, North Sikkim comprising Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang Valley, Gurudongmar Lake, Tsomgo Lake, Pelling has become a little crowded and loud. For them NatureWings suggest booking a Silk Route Package Tour to make their holidays an everlasting sweet memory. So, let's come with us and explore the most unexplored destination of India i.e. Silk Route with our Silk Route Tour along with Deluxe and Standard Home stay with good facilities to avail the best travel experience.
Apart from this Silk Route Package Tour from Kolkata, NatureWings also offers personalized and flexible Sundarban Package Tour from Kolkata, Kashmir Package Tour from Kolkata, Kashmir Package Tour from Mumbai, Andaman Package Tour from Kolkata, Andaman Honeymoon Package Tour from Kolkata, Sri Lanka Package Tour from Kolkata, Maldives Honeymoon Package Tour from Kolkata, Nepal Tour Packages, Darjeeling Gangtok Package Tour at Best Price. So, pickup your phone and give us a call for any kind of package booking or assistance at ☎ +91-98318-10505
SILK ROUTE TOUR PACKAGE DURATION : 5 Nights | 6 Days
Destinations Covered in 5 Night 6 Days Silk Route Tour : SilleryGaon [1N] | Aritar [1N] | Zuluk [1N] | Nathang [1N] | Rongpokhola [1N]
Pickup & Drop : NJP Station / Siliguri Station / Siliguri Bus Stop
Altitude of SilleryGaon : 6,000 ft [27.1396° N, 88.5804° E]
Altitude of Aritar : 1,498 m [27.1879° N, 88.6748° E]
Altitude of Zuluk : 2,865 m [27.2518° N, 88.7775° E]
Altitude of Nathang : 13,500 ft [27.2986° N, 88.8173° E]
Altitude of Rongpokhola : 3,000 ft [27.2215° N, 88.6892° E]
SILK ROUTE TOUR COST
|Standard Package||4 Nights 5 Days||Rs. 6,499/PH (based on 8 persons)|
|Standard Package||5 Nights 6 Days||Rs. 7,999/PH (based on 8 persons)|
|Deluxe Package||5 Nights 6 Days||Rs. 11,299/PH (based on 8 persons)|
Day Wise Summary for Silk Route Tour Plan from Kolkata
WHICH IS THE BEST TIME TO EXPERIENCE SNOW FALL DURING SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR?
Among all snow bound tourist places packages Silk Route Package Tour is one of the popular destination among tourists, particularly during the snowfall season, which typically runs from mid-December to the first week of March. This time of the year is particularly popular among Bengali tourists who often plan their trips to coincide with the snowfall season. During this period, temperatures can range from -5 degrees Celsius to 7 degrees Celsius, creating a winter wonderland for visitors to enjoy. The crisp air, the snow-capped mountains, and the snow whitish scenic views all around add to the allure of this magical destination. Whether you're an avid traveller or simply looking for a serene retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the Silk Route Tour Package during the snowfall season is the perfect destination to indulge your senses and create unforgettable memories.
WHICH IS THE BEST TIME FOR OLD SILK ROUTE TOUR PLAN?
Silk Route is a picturesque destination located in the eastern part of the state of Sikkim, undergoes a spectacular transformation throughout the year. In the months of August and September, Zuluk - a spectacular place with Zig-Zag road is adorned with a vibrant display of wildflowers that saturate the entire region with an array of colours. The sight of these beautiful wildflowers especially rhododendron in full bloom is truly a feast for the senses and a sight to behold.
As the seasons change, so too does the landscape of Silk Route. From January to April, the region is transformed into a winter wonderland, as the snow blankets the entire area in a soft white layer. This is the perfect time of the year to book Silk Route Package Tour for those who love to indulge in snow-based activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
During the rainy season of May to July, the region is often shrouded in a dense fog, creating an atmosphere of mystery and intrigue. However, once the rains subside, the region experiences pleasant and sparkling weather that lasts for the rest of the year.
Whether you are a nature enthusiast, a thrill-seeker or simply looking for a serene retreat, Silk Route with all its illustrative destinations like SilleryGaon, Rongpokhola, Aritar, Zuluk, Nathang, Kupup Lake has something to offer everyone, no matter the time of year. From the vibrant hues of wildflowers to the serene beauty of snow-capped mountains, Silk Route Tour promises a unique and unforgettable experience that will leave you mesmerized.
WHY NATUREWINGS IS NO #1 SILK ROUTE TOUR OPERATOR?
- We have a wide variety of Pre-Purchased Room Inventory in all important destinations in Silk Route which ensures assured hill facing room based on your Silk Route Package Booking Date.
- With our Premium & Deluxe Hotel/Home Stay, you get best facilities and amenities during your Silk Route Tour.
- Your vehicle for Complete Silk Route Package Tour will be operated from NJP / Bagdogra / Siliguri / Rongpo / Rongli.
- You get a variety of car according to your Silk Route Tour Budget and No of travelers. For couple or family of 3 people with standard package you get Wagon-R/Santro. For small group with standard package you get Sumo/Bolero and for small group with deluxe package you get Xylo/Scorpio.
- We have separate war room and dedicated staff for Silk Route Tour Operations, so that you get best uninterrupted service throughout your Silk Route Tour.
- Being Silk Route Super Specialist, we always guide you for your Silk Route Trip in accordance with Peak Season Rush / Weather / Off-Season because we are best among the responsible Silk Route Tour Operators in Kolkata and always care for your safety and hard earned money.
- NatureWings is Silk Route Tour Specialist for more than 10 years. Company Offers Dulux Homestays in Zuluk, Gnathang, RongpoKhola and Sillery-Gaon with best facilities and amenities.
- We have a team of experience Passionate Travelers. Every hotels/homestays is personally visited & certified by NatureWings team.
- The company is expert in conducting Silk Route Group Tour. Every year company conduct Silk Route Group Departure in Summer Vacation and Silk Route Tour in Durga Puja Holidays.
- Guests will be given complete day to day guidance and assistance from NJP to NJP by NatureWings team member. Every Trip is always handled by NatureWings Team itself, not handed over to a Sub-Agent.
SILK ROUTE TOUR MAP
DISTANCE TO NOTE FOR SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR
|NJP||SilleryGaon||3 hr 58 min (94.4 km) via NH10 and Rishi Rd|
|SilleryGaon||Aritar||1 hr 53 min (38.8 km) via NH 717A|
|Aritar / Mankhim||Zuluk||1 hr 25 min (45.1 km) via NH 717B|
|Zuluk||Nathang||54 min (23.4 km) via NH 717B|
|Nathang||Rongpokhola||2 hr 47 min (61.0 km) via Rongli - Chujachen Rd|
|Rongpokhola||NJP||122 km via NH10|
|NJP||Ramdhura||2 hr 48 min (73.2 km) via NH10|
|Ramdhura||Reshikhola||1 hr 40 min (34.5 km) via NH 717A|
|Reshikhola||Zuluk||2 hr 4 min (48.8 km) via Rhenock - Rongli Hwy|
|Lamahata||Zuluk||3 hr 31 min (93.1 km) via NH 717B|
|Phuentsholing||Zuluk||6 hr 45 min (235.7 km) via NH 17|
|Darjeeling||Zuluk||4 hr 26 min (113.6 km) via Rishi Rd and NH 717B|
|Kalimpong||Zuluk||3 hr 22 min (87.2 km) via NH 717A and NH 717B|
|Siliguri||Zuluk||4 hr 56 min (129.6 km) via NH10 and NH 717B|
|Siliguri||Zuluk||4 hr 56 min (129.6 km) via NH10 and NH 717B|
WHICH IS THE BEST TIME TO BOOK SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR FROM KOLKATA?
Actually it does not matter whether it is your family holidays or honeymoon trip, Silk Route of East Sikkim is easily accessible throughout the year. According to NatureWings - The Best Silk Route Tour specialist, the best time to book an Old Silk Route Package Tour is between ends of May to November which is considered as Summer in Silk Route. If you travel silk route between this periods, you can experience temperature between 8°C 15°C which is very pleasant and perfect to explore the various attractions of this ancient Silk Road with full blooms of Rhododendrons and primulas. It is the most breathtaking nature view one can have during this time in Silk Route.
Here to note that due to high altitude, places like Zuluk, Gnathang, Kupup, Lungthung, and Baba Mandir remains covered under thick snow more or less around the year. Among all this places, Zuluk is one of the main attractions during Silk Route Package Tour. Zuluk is a picturesque tinny village with ever smiling, simple, great hearted people. Zuluk's main identification is the Zig-Zag roads which can be seen as picture perfect from Thambi View Point. It is very famous among travelers for mesmerizing view of sunrise at dawn and dusk. The snow capped Mt. Kanchenjungha and wide ranges of sun kissed Himalayan Mountains make this place an unparallel beauty.
Due to its high altitude, Zuluk experience heavy snowfall during winter season and the temperature can drops down below freezing point. So, NatureWings will not suggest you to book a Silk Route Tour Package from NJP during winter especially between ends of December to early April despite many travelers prefer to experience adverse environment for adventure.
|April to June||Summer||9°C to 15°C|
|July to September||Monsoon||8°C to 10°C|
|October to March||Winter||-5° C to 4° C|
SOME FACTS TO KNOW BEFORE BOOKING SILK ROUTE TOUR PACKAGE FROM KOLKATA
Silk Route is considered as a remote but pristine tourist destination which has limited modern facilities and amenities. Some travelers may have fancy conception regarding foods, facilities, amenities and hotel rooms of this place. So let's understand first some basic facts that you must know before Silk Route tour.
- Do not expect modern facilities during your Silk Route Package Tour from Kolkata as most of the places are remote villages and away from modern cities and amenities. Guests can get general facilities like western commode, running water, hot meals (mostly egg curry and local vegetables), etc but no luxury meals, furniture, tv, internet connection, cable channel, geyser, mineral water on demand, etc.
- Staying in Nathang Valley is not recommended for children and elderly people. Situated at an altitude of 13,200 ft, Gnathang Valley or Nathang is very popular among Silk Route traveler and known as "Ladakh of the East India" due to its geographical similarities of Leh Ladakh. But on the other hand guests travelling Nathang Valley can experience dizziness, vomiting, headaches due to this extreme altitude and cold. Here to mention that night in Nathang is bitter cold and temperature can drop down to sub zero temperature. In that case NatureWings suggest elderly traveler to visit Nathang in daytime only and they must return to a lower altitude after spending some time there. If possible a portable oxygen cylinder can be carried with them for safety.
- Guests must carry original and photocopy of ID proof like voter card, driving license, passport along with at least 2 passport size color photograph. Birth certificate or school id must be carried for the children or minor.
- Guests must always carry enough dry fruits, nuts, chocolate, hot coffee, Popcorn, Ginger cubes and biscuits for emergency purposes as you don't know when adverse situation like landslide, road blocks, and snow storm arrives. So as an precaution you must carry a portable Oxygen cylinder and Oxygen meter in car. In case any serious emergency Indian Army and BRO is always there to help you.
- For Gnathang Valley, Kupup, Elephant Lake or Hati Lake always carry Camphor, Chocolate, Ginger cubes etc as these place are situated at high altitude and cause breathing issues. If you have doctor prescribed medicine, please carry those also.
- Medicine for fever, cold, cough, headache, stomach upset, and paracetamol, ointment, band-aid, vaseline, boroline, volini sprey etc must be in the first aid box while traveling the old silk route.
- Good amount of woolen clothes, gloves, hats, wind-protective glass, must be taken as in some places sub-zero temperature may prevail.
- Guests must carry adequate cash in small denomination as in Old Silk Rout as there are not ATM facilities after Rongli. So, before travelling high altitude, make sure you have enough cash with you. It is better to withdraw cash from NJP or Bagdogra as there are many ATM’s. In high altitude sometime withdrawing cash may not be possible because of link failure and non-refilling of hard cash in ATMs.
- GST is applicable to the package cost.
- Bikers travelling to Silk Route need to carry valid documents for vehicles. If failed to produce valid paper, your Silk Route Tour adventure may land in trouble, so proper document of Bike is a strict compliance.
- During your Silk Route Tour from NJP, NatureWings will not suggest you to consume liquor at high altitude. But if you are passionate to it, please carry your own brand with you as in high altitude, you may not find many options or your favorite brand.
- If you visit forest area in lower altitude like SilleryGaon, Ramdhura, Rongpokhola, be careful with leeches.
- Sikkim is a plastics free state. So please do not throw any plastic bags, bottles. You are requested to "PLEASE TAKE NOTHING BUT PICTURES AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS".
- And most importantly, as you have come long way to enjoy your trip, so dont think too much with what you have and haven't. Just enjoy your Silk Route Tour Package with NatureWings Holidays.
Popular Trains to choose for Silk Route Tour Booking from Kolkata
|Train No||Train Name||Dep. Stn||Dep. Time||Arr. Stn||Arr. Time||Frequency|
|22301||Vande Bharat Express||Howrah (HWH)||05:55||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||13:25||Except Wednesday|
|22302||Vande Bharat Express||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||15:05||Howrah (HWH)||22:35||Except Wednesday|
|12343||Darjeeling Mail||Sealdah (SDAH)||22:05||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||08:15||Daily|
|12377||Padatik Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||23:00||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||09:15||Daily|
|13149||Kanchan Kanya Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||20:30||New Mal Jn(NMZ)||09:31||Daily|
|13147||UttarBanga Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||19:35||Falakata (FLK)||08:38||Daily|
|13141||Teesta Torsa Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||13:40||New Maynaguri (NMX)||04:22||Daily|
|12345||SaraiGhat Express||Howrah (HWH)||15:50||New Jalpaiguri (NJP)||01:40||Daily|
|12517||Garib Rath||Kolkata (KOOA)||21:40||New Jalpaiguri (NJP)||07:45||Sun, Thrus|
FOR SILK ROUTE TOUR, YOU CAN LOOK FOR HOWRAH JUNCTION TO NEW JALPAIGURI VANDE BHARAT 22301 TRAIN SCHEDULE [EXCEPT WEDNESDAY]
|Howrah Jn [HWH]||Starts |
|Howrah (HWH)||0 km|
|Bolpur Shantiniketan [BHP]||07:43 |
|2 min||145 km|
|Malda Town [MLTD]||10:32 |
|3 min||329.5 km|
|Barsoi Jn [BOE]||11:50 |
|2 min||419.7 km|
|New Jalpaiguri Jn [NJP]||13:25|
NEW JALPAIGURI TO HOWRAH JUNCTION VANDE BHARAT 22302 TRAIN SCHEDULE [EXCEPT WEDNESDAY]
|New Jalpaiguri Jn [NJP]||Starts |
|Barsoi Jn [BOE]||16:44 |
|2 min||145 km|
|Malda Town [MLTD]||17:50 |
|3 min||235 km|
|Bolpur Shantiniketan [BHP]||20:22 |
|2 min||420 km|
|Howrah Jn [HWH]||22:35 |
WHAT ARE THE BEST ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES TO INDULGE WITH DURING SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR?
Snow and adventure in every curve - is not only sought after things in Silk Route Tour, rather there are lots more fun travelers can attain during Silk Route Package Tour from NJP. Following are some of the best activities one can indulge with during Silk Route Trip:
WHITE WATER RIVER RAFTING & CAMPING IN MELLI
White Water River Rafting in Melli, Sikkim is the most interesting & adventurous tourist activities that one can enjoy. With experienced instructor one can enjoy this wonderful activity with friends and families. This is cost effective and worth to remember for rest of the life. Being the main entry point of Sikkim, travelers get enough time to wet their feet in the cool water of Teesta and taste this adventure at least once in lifetime.
- NJP to Melli Distance: 72km via NH10
- Melli to Gangtok Distance : 58.8km via NH10
- Altitude of Melli : 100 meters (330 ft)
- Location : South Sikkim [27.0908° N, 88.4567° E]
- River Rafting Timing : 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- River Rafting Grade : 3
- Best time for Rafting : End of March to June & End of September to December
- No of Riders : Max 5 Person + 2 Instructor
- Long Ride Rafting in Melli : Cost Rs. 5,000/Raft | Timing 40-60 mints | Photo & Video Rs.1,200/- Extra
- Short Ride Rafting in Melli : Cost Rs. 4,000/Raft | Timing 35-40 mints | Photo & Video Rs.1,000/- Extra
TANDEM PARAGLIDING AT DELO HILLS, KALIMPONG
Probably Kalimpong is the only place in India where you can experience this awesome adventure. Get your adrenaline high and behold the beauty of North Bengal on Bird's eye view with booking a Tandem Paragliding ride in Kalimpong - The queen of North Bengal. One can book the slot for paragliding from Kalimpong Paragliding Association Booking Counter. It is done as spot booking, no online booking is available till date. One person can ride on one paraglide at a time. It starts from Dello hills and land at Relli River. So, on your way to Silk Route Tour you must have this awesome experience.
- NJP to Kalimpong Distance : 71.8km via NH10
- Kalimpong to Darjeeling Distance : 51.5 km via Rishi Rd
- Altitude of Kalimpong : 1,247 m
- Location : Kalimpong District, West Bengal [27.0594° N, 88.4695° E]
- Kalimpong Paragliding Timing : 09:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Best time for Paragliding in Delo, Kalimpong : Throughout the year except monsoon and winter season
- No of Paraglider : 2 Persons [1 guest + 1 instructor]
- Medium Paragliding : Cost Rs. 3,000/Person | Timing 15 mnts | Photo & Video Rs.500/- Extra
- High Paragliding : Cost Rs. 5,000/Person | Timing 30 mnts | Photo & Video Rs.500/- Extra
BOATING AT ARITAR LAKE / LAMPOKHARI LAKE (GHATI-TSO)
During your Old Silk Route Tour, don't forget to take a trip this awesome destination. For locals it is known as Ghati-Tso or Lampokhari Lake. This boot shaped green water pristine lake is situated at an altitude of 5000m and widely visited by travelers on the way to Silk Route Tour. There are many home stays (Heaven Valley Homestay, Orange Court Resort) near the Lake where traveler can stay. Around the lake there is a concrete walking path to take a trip around the lake. Lots of fish you can locate in the lake water and you can feed fishes also as fish food is available in nearby tea stall. Boating is the main activity in the lake and 4 people can accommodate in a boat per ride. It is paddle boating which you can hire on Rs 200/hour basis. Along with this boating adventure, the Aritar Lake Tour is a good choice if you want to spend some quality time in peace.
- State : Sikkim
- District : Pakyong District
- NJP to Aritar Lake Distance : 109.5 km via NH10
- Aritar Lake to Zuluk Distance : 44.5 km via Rhenock - Rongli Hwy
- Altitude of Aritar Lake : 5,000 m
- Location of Aritar Lake : Eastern region of Sikkim [27.1866° N, 88.6764° E]
- Aritar Lake Boating Timing : 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Best time for Aritar Lake Boating : Throughout the year except monsoon
- No of Boat Rider : 2 Persons
CHANGU LAKE (TSOMGO) ROPEWAY / CABLE CAR RIDE
The Tsomgo Lake / Changu Lake Cable Car are one of the amazing adventure activities that must be experienced during Sikkim Gangtok Package Tour. Located much higher altitude than Darjeeling Cable Car (7,001 ft) and Gangtok Cable Car (5,600 ft), these 10 minutes Changu Cable Car Ride offers some of the best view of Tsomgo Lake and its surrounding. If you travel during end of November to early March - snow covered Tsomgo Lake will be just like heaven. So, don't miss this ride when you are on Gangtok and Silk Route Package Tour.
Note : Changu Lake cable car ride completely depends on whether condition and you can buy tickets only from Ticket counter, there is no online ticket booking facility.
- State : Sikkim
- District : East Sikkim District
- Gangtok to Tsomgo Lake Distance : 36km / 2.30 hrs approx
- Tsomgo Lake Location : 27.3742° N, 88.7619° E
- Altitude of Tsomgo Lake : 12,313 ft
- Altitude of Tsomgo Lake Cable Car : 14,500 ft
- Tsomgo Lake Ropeway Timing : 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tsomgo Lake Ropeway Ticket Cost : Rs. 360/- Per Person
- No of Passenger in Cable Car : 4 Person
- Best time for Tsomgo Lake Cable Car : Throughout the year except monsoon
YAK SAFARI AT CHANGU/TSOMGO LAKE
While you are on Tsongo Lake Tour, you can witness many Snow Yak with colourful attire. You can either take a ride or can take selfie with one of it. In nature these Yalks are very calm in nature, so children also can take a safari on Yalk.
- Yalk Ride Cost Rs. 500/per person.
- For only photography Rs 100/-
- Best time for Tsomgo Lake Cable Car : Throughout the year except monsoon
DAY WISE PLAN FOR 5N/6D SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR FROM NJP
DAY 1: NJP TO SILLERYGAON [3 HR 59 MIN (91.7 KM) VIA NH10]
Meet & greet on arrival at NJP/IXB at very first day of Silk Route Package Tour and proceed towards Sillery Gaon. Sillery Gaon is a small village, situated at a distance of just around 10 kilometers from Delo in Kalimpong and the hamlet is winning hearts by offering a stunning view of the Kanchenjungha and the Teesta River, flowing beneath a majestic green valley. The village is situated at an altitude of 6000ft, above and a dense forest of pine and other hilly trees and cinchona plantation offers absolute tranquility, which many vacationers look for. Being a small, underdeveloped village, which has caught the limelight very recently, SilleryGaon cannot provide you with luxurious accommodation options, but once you reach the place, perhaps those luxuries will not mean much to you since SilleryGaon will delight you with its natural treasures by that time. Overnight Stay at Home Stay in SilleryGaon.
Home Stay in Sillary Gaon : Mountain View Village Resort
Address : Upper Kashyone, SillaryGaon, Kalimpong, West Bengal 734311
DAY 2: SILLERYGAON TO ARITAR [1 HR 45 MIN (38.6 KM) VIA RESHI RHENOCK RD]
After breakfast, start for Aritar / Mankhim just on top of Lampokhri Lake [Altitude of Aritar 1,498 m]. This lake is the highest lake with a boating facility in Sikkim. Enjoy the boating in Post Lunch session. Enroute Sightseeing to Mankhim Temple, Mankhim View Point, Aritar Monastery and Aritar Dakbunglow. Overnight Stay at HomeStay in Aritar / Mankhim
HomeStay in Aritar : Orange Court Resort
Address: Aritar Road, near Shiv Mandir, Aritar, Sikkim 737133
DAY 3: ARITAR TO ZULUK TOUR [2 HR 1 MIN (41.1 KM) VIA RHENOCK - RONGLI HWY]
This day is the most important day for your Silk Route Tour. After breakfast, start for Zuluk Tour via Rongli Dam, Lingtam, Lingtam Monastery, Keukhela Falls, and finally reach zuluk.
Rongli [Altitude: 5200 ft.] - Rongli is an east Sikkim small township located on the bank of river Rongli. The inner line permit for visit towards Nathula granted over there.
Rongli Dam - The Rongli dam is a concrete dam on the Rongli river with a height of 41m and can hold 45,200 cubic meters of water.
Lingtam [Altitude 5082 ft.] - Lingtam is a small village next after the Rongli permit zone at an altitude of 5000 feet from sea level. It's known for his sun kissed peaceful weather surrounded by the hills of all it four sides. You can visit Lingtam Monestry also.
Keukhela Falls - The Keukhela falls or Kali Khola falls located on the way of the old silk route in between Lingtam and Padamchen. This fall is 100m in heights and beautifully surrounded by scenic nature. Reach zuluk before lunch.
Zuluk [Altitude: 7000 ft.] - A small village in East Sikkim, part of Old Silk Route 10000 ft. above the sea level gaining popularity amongst the tourists because of its natural virginity, unspoiled nature and amazing Himalayan beauty. Catching a glimpse of the snow capped mountain ranges or sun rising on the sea from the window of the hotel room is something that you might have experienced a lot of times. Overnight stay at Zuluk Homestay
HOMESTAY IN ZULUK : YANGZOM LA HOMESTAY
Address: Zuluk, Sikkim 737131
HOME STAY IN ZULUK : HIDDEN PARADISE RESORT
Address: Zuluk, Sikkim 737131
DAY 4: ZULUK TO NATHANG [53KM /2.30HRS]
Early morning go for sunrise from Lungthung Viewpoint. After breakfast, proceed towards Nathan valley via Zig Zag road, Thambi viewpoint, Lungthung, Tukla Valley, Jelep La Pass view, Yak golf Course and Old Baba Mandir
Zig Zag Road - Zig Zag Road or Bhulbhuliya is a one in kind of road in the entire Sikkim. This spiral road has so many hairpins bent and counts as the top 10 dangerous roads in the world. one can get a splendid view of Zuluk from every hairpin bend of the road.
Thambi Viewpoint [Altitude: 11,200 ft.] - At a distance of 14 km from Zuluk and at a height of 11200ft Thambi viewpoint offers a splendid view of Mt Kanchenjhangha and another snowcapped mountain. It is located on a famous hairpin bent named zigzag road or bhulbhuliya and a must-see spot.
Lungthung [Altitude: 11,500 ft.] - Lungthung is a small village located at a height of 11600ft on the old silk route and it offers a panoramic view of Mt Kanchenjhangha.
Tukla Valley [Altitude: 12,500 ft.] - Another must-stop destination is Tukla valley at an altitude of 11600 ft. You also find a war memorial over there in the memory of British soldiers fought in the War of Tukla.
Jeelpla Pass View [Altitude: 13,999 ft.] - Jeelp-la pass which means The Lovely Level Pass located nearby Tukla valley at an altitude of almost 14000ft. It is a mountain pass between India and Tibet Autonomous Region (China). It directly connects India to Lhasa in Tibet and used by ancient traders of the Silk route. Although it is higher than Nathula pass but the easiest pass among the entire pass in Sikkim. Nowadays the pass is prohibited for civilians.
Old Baba Mandir [Altitude: 13,123 ft.] - Old Baba Mandir is dedicated to Baba Harbhajan Singh the martyr of 23 regiments of the Indian army. It is the original bunker of Baba where he stayed during the Indo China War in 1962. The temple is maintained by the Indian army. Finally, reach Gnathan valley before lunch.
Nathang Valley [Altitude: 13,200 ft.] - Or Nathang Valley is popularly called the "Ladakh of East India". Situated at the height of 13,000 ft. above the sea level, Nathang Valley is one of the most beautiful places in Old Silk Route Tour surrounded by snow-capped hills and mountain landscape. Nathang Valley is the most scenic destination in the whole of Old Silk Route. Few streams crisscross the valley and prayer flags flutter on the mountain edges on this vast plain of nothingness. Nathang Valley appears in different colors at different times of the year. In autumn it looks golden when the grass dries up, in the rainy season it's covered in flowers and in winter it is buried in 5 feet of snow. Overnight stay at Gnathan valley.
DAY 5: NATHANG TO RONGPOKHOLA [118.6 KM /3.50HRS]
After Breakfast, start for Rongpokhola Tour [Altitude: 6,000 ft.] from Nathang. Have lunch at Riverside and enjoy the music of Rangpo River. You can also indulge yourself in the luxury of bathing and fishing in the crystal clear Rangpo River. Overnight stay at Rongpokhola Homestay
Home Stay in Rongpokhola : Rangpo Khola Village Resort
Address: Sikkim 737131
DAY 6: RONGPOKHOLA TO NJP / IXB [135 KM / 5.00 HRS]
Proceed towards NJP / IXB with Sweet memory of Silk Route Tour
SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR INCLUSIONS
- Accommodation in the listed Hotels / Homestays
- All Meals (Breakfast / Lunch / Evening Snacks / Dinner)
- All transfers in an exclusive non-ac vehicle (NJP-NJP)
- Driver allowances, fuel, toll tax
- All permits and applicable taxes
SILK ROUTE TOUR PACKAGE EXCLUSIONS
- All items which are not included in the inclusion list
- Sunrise from Lungthung, Entry Fees for Pangolakha Wildlife Sanctuary
- Room Heater
- Syndicate Charge at NJP / Siliguri (Rs 200/-)
WHAT ARE THE BEST SIGHTSEEING PLACES TO EXPLORE IN OLD SILK ROUTE TOUR PACKAGES?
- Zuluk Loop : 32 hair-pin curves
- Thambi View Point : Best for Zuluk Zigzag view and Himalayan Range
- Nathang Valley : Offer best snow all round year
- Kupup Lake : Named as Elephant Lake with picturesque natural beauty
- Menmecho Lake : Lake with good ambience and awesome scenic beauty
- Lungthung : A remote village at 11,500 ft offering great Himalayan view
- Tukla Valley : Offer great view of Mt. Kanchenjungha from 12,500 ft altitude
- Old Baba Mandir : A temple of faith dedicated to sepoy Baba Harbhajan Singh near kupup village
- Tsomgo Lake : A must visit place for every Sikkim Gangtok Traveller
SOME OFFBEAT PLACES TO EXPLORE IN SILK ROUTE PACKAGE TOUR FROM KOLKATA?
- Delo park from Ramdhura
- Jalsa Bunglow
- Silent valley
- Soft trek to Ramiteydara viewpoint
- Explore the ruins of Dumssung fort amidst in the forest
- Ariter or Lampokhri lake
- Mankhim viewpoint
- Lingtam Monestry
- Kuekhola Falls on Old Silk route
- Thambi Viewpoint
- Old Baba Mandir
- War memorial at Tukla Valley
- Kupup Lake or elephant lake
- Yak golf course
- Budha Cave & Budha falls
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS [FAQ] FOR SILK ROUTE PACKAGES
Q. What kind of meal can I expect during my Silk Route Tour?
The home stay in Silk Route prepares simple meals consisting of Rice, Daal, Sabji, Roti, Egg Curry, and a few Sikkim’s delicacies in lunch and dinner with Pakoras, Momo, and Maggi as evening options.
Q. Which vehicle is best for Silk Route Tour from NJP?
Most of the roads in Silk Route are made with boulder, anytime landslides can make the rode condition even worse making it muddy and slippery. So NatureWings strongly recommend heavy vehicle like Mahindra Bolero or Tata Sumo for standard vehicle category and Mahindra Xylo as luxury category. These are the best vehicles to look for during Silk Route Tour from NJP.
Q. Is there any option to choose an SUV car during my Silk Route Tour Booking?
Yes, you can choose an SUV car during your Silk Route Tour from NJP NatureWings is committed to serve you with the best car of your choice and budget so that you can enjoy your Silk Route Tour with great experience and satisfaction.
Q. How can I plan a 7 days Silk Route Tour itinerary?
Day 1 - NJP/IXB to Ramdhura
Day 2 - Ramdhura to Rongpokhola
Day 3 - Rongpokhola to Zuluk
Day 4 - Zuluk to Nathang
Day 5 - Nathang to Gangtok
Day 6 - Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Day 7 - Gangtok to NJP / IXB Drop
Q. Is Silk Route safe to visit for Solo Women Traveler?
Why Not? It is absolutely Yes, Silk Route is 100% safe for Solo Women Traveler, and it is full of friendly locals.
Q. How to avoid high altitude sickness during my Silk Route Tour Package?
On the trip, you are advised to take good food and plenty of water along with an intake of medicine to overcome high altitude sickness upon consultation with your doctor.
Q. Which food to taste during our Silk Route Trip?
Silk Route is well known for serving steaming hot Momo in 3 varieties, steamed, chilly, and fried, available at every corner, along with Thukpa or Gyathuk, Gundruk Soup, and Sael Roti. Chaang is the local alcoholic beverage that one can try during their Silk Route Tour Package exclusively designed by NatureWings.
Q. From where can we get the best view of Mt. Kanchenjunga during our Silk Route Tour Package?
You can get the best view of Mt. Kanchenjunga from SilleryGaon, Ramdhura and Thambi View Point, and if you wish to stay at these places, we are happy to host you.
Q. Can we take our pets along with us to Silk Route?
No, you are not allowed to take your pets during your Silk Route Tour.
Q. Do we need to make a permit for visiting Silk Route?
While visiting the restricted areas of Zuluk and Gnathang permit is required and done at Rongli Check Post on the way by our responsible driver.
Q. Is there any bird-watching spot at Silk Route?
Every year from April to May, Reshikhola becomes the hotspot for birdwatchers when its lush green forest homes to various Himalayan and Sub Himalayan migrating birds like the Great Barbet, Fire Tailed Sunbird, Himalayan Bulbul, Green Magpie, Scarlet Minivet, Red-tailed Minla, and many more. Apart from these, birds like Rusty Tailed Treecreeper, Grey Bushchat, Olive Backed Pipit, Little Forktail, Dark breasted Rosefinch, Oriental Turtle Dove, and Black Redstart was seen by many birdwatchers during their Zuluk - Gnathang visit.
Q. Please advise us, if it is advisable to Travel Zuluk with a small baby?
You can, but please take advice from the doctor about high altitude before you travel. If the kids have breathing issue and carry high altitude medicines with you, it will be chill cold, so carry heavy warm clothes for the baby.
Q. Can we get Medicines Shops and Mineral Water in Silk Route Tour as we are travelling with small kids?
Getting medicines can be a problem, so it's better to carry own medicines along with you but you will get mineral water in some places. Silk route is not so luxury place, and places have not economically developed, so all these things are not all time available.
Q. Is Restaurants and Bars available in Sillerygoan, Zuluk or Rongpokhola?
There is no proper bar available there, yes small restaurants are available on the roads where you will find momos, noodles, soup and can find lunch. Most small stationary shops have bars there, along with their homes you can find beverage there.
Q. Can I face a network problem or internet problem during my Silk Route Tour?
If you can't live without mobile connectivity, then it may be an issue for you. There is no network in Zuluk and Nathang, network is dead. Only BSNL networks work there but you will have to walk a bit towards tower to get the network.
Q. Is hot water service available at homestays in Silk Route?
Yes, hot water is available and geysers are there in a few homestays, if geysers are not available, some some homestays provide hot water to every guest in bucket on demand.
Q. Is Veg Food available in Silk Route?
Yes, veg meals are available in homestays, you will find organic vegetarians meals there. But is is advised to mention about your food preference before booking your Silk Route Package Tour with NatureWings.
Q. Can we find any cake shop in Silk Route?
No cake shop is there, buy from NJP if you want and carry it with you.
Q. Do we need to carry oxygen cylinders at Nathang?
If you have breathing problems, then please consult a doctor and carry medicines, as there are no medical facilities. Sometimes you need to carry small oxygen cylinders if you have major problems.
Silk Route Tour Packages Reviews
5 Stars Rating, out of 5
based on 409 Reviews
It's a great experience with Naturewings. Thank you Ankan Das and Anindita Roy for help us to complete our Silk Route Trip with your guidance.
One of the best trip of my life. Thanks to Ankan da, Anindita di and Rajkumar da for this awesome Management and Special Thanks to Calbin Da who made our trip special. We Met him as our driver..but now he is more than a friend to us.
This was my dream trip, every collage students think to complete their dream trip but few can execute it. A special thanks to NetureWings company, for them we can execute it successfully. And also thanks for Anindita di and Ankan da and our beloved bro Calbin da, Thank you guys for your help and support. Best part of our trip was the zuluk part.
"This is my first Silk Route Tour with Ravangla with NatureWings and this was a fabulous trip. The cab driver Mr. Ganesh who was the key person in making this trip awsome. I would recommend anybody to book their vacations through NatureWings."
"NATUREWINGS organasied our Silk Route Tour on last November 18 with transport and staying and they did provide some real good homestays with excellent food. The office staffs, especially AKASH DUTTA did help a lot through out the tour and before journey uncertainties were taken care and solved.
The organised the most beautiful homestay in most of the places, especially the homestay at upper Mankhim was such a bliss... I would request them to rethink about the ZULUK staying as it was not upto the mark at all.
We had some issues with delayed pick up and change of driver with the car but it ended happily...we were there during Diwali so they had their own emotional engagement. But it seemed managing car is a problem to most of the tourist as you cannot communicate with them when its needed. Bur we did have a safe journey.
overall the experience was good but apart from AKASH we did not get the needed communication from anyone from the agency.But it is such a great place and tour to remember these things...I wish them good luck."
Sourav Sekhar Mandal
"Thnks Naturewings and specially Thank you Avijit for your hospitality ...
Our trip was so well designed by you that we traveled entire silk route with ease. Home stay where we staid for over night halt were awesome and received a warm welcome from the house owners. Views from home stay were so so mesmerizing that we can't describe with our words .... Very well designed in a very very short time span ... We are very very happy ... every single rupee of our expense was worth while.
we give a big big thanks to dear AVIJIT and also Akash of NATUREWINGS who always staid connected to us during the trip ... thanks guys .. you have a great experience ..."
Suri - Birbhum
"Whenever we plan a tour on silk rout I can't imagine any other name....... Good job.... Keep it up..... Waiting for your arrangement at other destinations throughout India......"
"Naturewings provide us an excellent tour package of silk route. home stays & driver was so good. Tts an amazing experience with them. credit goes to Mr Abhijit Handique"
"When we have plan to visit the Silk Route as well as Silerigaon, I came to know tha name of The NatureWings Holidays from fb and subsequently I have called & mailed. They assist and arrange the all necessary arrangement like honestay, car everything. At the time of journey we are in train blockade bt they contact us time to time by phone specially Akash and the driver who are waiting at NJP. They provide us nice and decorated homestay and provided us all necessary whatever we have want. Their commitment are truely proved when we visited with them. Their service is too good to travel their agents. We have visited 20/05/2018 to 25/05/2018. I think The Nature Wings Holiday is deserves to get five star. In future again We want to travel with them."
"Very nice arrangement for my silk route trip in april 2018 thanks ......"
"Awesome arrangement. Very good selection of every homestay in silk route tour, specially in Sillery Gaon. Very good view from this homestay. Food is good, specially in Reshi khola. Thanks Abhijit & Soumalya. I will contact you if I go another time in Sikkim"
"We had visited the silk route from 10th of March to 13th of March. All necessary things were provided by Naturewings. Transportation, fooding, lodging everything was up to the mark. Although, we were not able to visit Nathang Valley due to heavy snowfall, but the alternate plan was executed in a hassle-free manner."
"We are the two family visit to Silk route by conducted with Naturewings. Their arrangement are very satisfactory and specially Mr. Soumalya Ghosh, Sr. Sales consultant and Priyanka of this agency very nice and co-operate with us time to time from the very beginning of the tour till now i. e. after complete the tour. Their behavior and hospitality and arrangement also pleasant us. Apart from this entire tour was satisfactory. I hope in future their hospitality and arrangement will more vigilant."
"Just returned from Silk Route Tour through Naturewings from 22nd to 27th Jan'2018. Plan was from NJP to Sillery Gaon - Mankhim - Zuluk - Nathang n kupup n again Zuluk - Reshikhola - Baghdogra. Trip was really a memorable one. We got snow fall at zuluk but due to that we could not reach till nathang n kupup as heavy fog n snowfall but we reached till thambi which is also a great viewpoint. This was 1st snowfall of this season so we are lucky enough to get the same. Driver given to us was a fantastic guide cum driver. Overall in a nutshell it was a great n very good organized trip planned by naturewings and made our trip really memorable.. will update few snaps n tag naturewings for sure.."